I’m here to start a brand new year with my first post of 2013. For most of my life, I’ve found myself looking forward to the start of the next year after Christmas is done. It’s always felt symbolic to me to look at the past 12 months and then shift my focus to the next cycle of time. Around this time, everything related to “resolutions” is bantered about. When this happens, I’ve asked the question: why exactly is this so important?
Well I can’t presume to answer for other people, especially those on the Spectrum, but I know why they’re important to me. There was a time when I would pray just to get through another year. This was before my awareness grew to even a portion of what it is today. I was blessed to have the awakenings that I did; a resolution for me, is a vision of what I want to make happen in life. In order to act on it, I put it out into the Universe and then come up with an action plan.
Here is my short list of what I want to accomplish:
1. Continue living a healthy lifestyle.
2. Take time every day to organize.
3. Play some music on my keyboard as often as possible.
4. Research and develop new ideas for stories.
5. Maintain contact with friends and family.
6. Reach out to different people to promote my blog and my vision.
7. Grow this blog to make a difference in the world.
I look forward to many new possibilities and I hope that all of you who have supported me for the past year will allow me to continue sharing with you the next chapter of my Lesson Plan for Life. With much love and appreciation, I thank you for your encouragement and I wish you all a prosperous, healthy, and very Happy New Year.
With love and gratitude,